Happy New Year from the LPP VFD! I wanted to share some of our key goals for 2017 :
- We have prepared a first responder Emergency Care Attendant (ECA) Program implementation plan for our district and are moving forward. The first step is identifying the volunteers who will serve our district in the capacity and we have a great first class shaping up.
- We are strongly committed to community involvement. Norman and Gary will head up an on-going Adopt-a-Family effort. They will present a plan at February meeting.
- Last year's budget was very capital intensive. This year we will focus on Command & Control, Training, and Operations. We will have a goal to complete a set of Standard Operating Procedures by the end of 2017.
- Our By-Laws were updated last year to increase the requirements for Training, Attendance, and Response. This year we will put an increased focus on delivering on these commitments.
- Our incident occurrence rate has been thankfully low, but we must not be complacent. We must remain vigilant and prepared to respond to emergency events!
- As always, all individuals should remain vigilant to ensure our district safety and your own personal safety. Please be especially vigilant regarding the potential for arson as seen recently in California and Tennessee. Report any suspicious activity via 911. And personally always identify alternative evacuation paths when attending public events/locations. In the event of an emergency, be prepared to leave through a lower traffic exit than the entry you came through.