We have just established our goals for this year and beyond:
Short Term Goals
1. Maintain an ISO rating of 9 for our district, including focus on Fire Wise Community efforts.
2. Formalize departmental SOP's relative to administration, operations, safety, and vehicle use.
3. Continue to focus on WUI (wild land urban interface) training to include wild land and structure.
4. Expand training and use of fire boat to provide better suppression coverage as well as assistance in lake incidents.
5. Pursue automatic aid agreements with Gordon and Santo Districts in consonance with ESD 1 policy.
6. Increase First Responder capabilities, and support area EMS initiatives.
Long Term Goals
7. Increase recruiting efforts through internal recruitment initiatives.
8. Increase/expand water supply capability within our district.
9. Maintain long term view of achieving ISO 8B rating when making strategic planning decisions.
10. Continue to broaden and expand the capabilities of LPPVFD.
11. Strengthen and expand our involvement with our community involvement.